Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Not Me Monday!! - Wednesday

I started this post having the intentions of posting it on Monday but the weekend got away from me and then so did Monday and Tuesday. Here is Wednesday night and still no post. I decided I would cut it short and just post what I had so far.
Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I did NOT join our work March Madness pool a few weeks ago and I certainly DID NOT have my husband look over it before I submitted it. I then DID NOT change my choice in the Georgetown/ Ohio game since my husband advised against it. I DID NOT later complain to him that I would have had that upset right if he would not have persuaded me to change it. He will no longer be able to look at my picks and give his advice. I have really learned my lesson this time. That being said, I am not going to lose $15 total in both of the basketball pools that I entered. I guess there is always next year! Also, I am NOT secretly hoping he ties for second place in our work pool so we can get our money back.

My husband DID NOT inform me Monday night that he thought our refrigerator was dieing and I in turn DID NOT start freaking out by checking every 15 minutes on the temperature, rush to the computer and start looking up the prices of refrigerators just incase we had to go purchase one this week, and start praying that our refrigerator would make a quick recovery so I did not have to deal with just another thing to our already busy week. We DID NOT wake up the next morning to quickly find out that our refrigerator had died and that we would have to go out refrigerator shopping Tuesday night. When the refrigerator men dropped off the new frig on Thursday, they DID NOT find a dead mouse behind our old one. Nope - not a mouse behind our frig because I of course always pull out our frig to clean behind it. I also DID NOT think to myself - thank goodness I did not have to be there because I would have been so embarrassed. Instead, I was glad (really I was!) that my mom was there and got to witness the dead mouse. I also DID NOT turn around and call my mom and husband to inform them that I was correct this past summer/fall when I thought I smelled something dead around our refrigerator and everyone thought I was crazy. I wouldn't do that. I DO NOT like to brag when I am right. Of course I did have my crazy strong pregnancy sense of smell then so that would explain it. Everyone should always trust the pregnancy smell!!

The kids and I DID NOT get kicked out of our house this weekend so that my husband could replace our floors with hardwood floors. Our awesome friends DID NOT (but really they did) come over to help him get it done so that we could come home after 2 nights away. I DO NOT love them (but really I do) and I am not grateful that we have gotten rid of the hideous carpet that had stains all over it. I of course DID NOT allow my child do whatever he wanted on the old carpet the past few weeks and I am NOT slightly nervous that he will destroy any future rugs we get since he thinks he can color or drop stuff all over the floor without me caring. WHOOPS! I should have been more careful. Picture to come soon.

My son DID NOT love driving his power wheel tractor this weekend at Grammy and Pappy's house. I DID NOT catch him driving it around their garage with no hands. I have no clue (really I don't) who he got this idea from. At least he didn't act like he was talking on the phone because then I could honestly say that would be me. Camden DID NOT run into everything and keep hitting the gas until I would run up and move him. No way! My child show know to pull his foot off the pedal when he gets close to running into the way, the door, the outside frig, and anything else that might get in his way. I DID NOT get him on camera and post it on my blog. (Check out posts from Saturday)

I DID NOT lie to Camden this weekend and tell him that I was giving him candy when I was really giving him Tylenol. Not me! I would always be honest with my child even if it means a temper tantrum because he does not want to take the medicine. My child also DID NOT get confused when I told him it was time to eat some candy and he thought that he was getting another peanut butter egg. He DID NOT in turn throw himself on the ground because he realized I meant the little purple pills and not another pb egg from the refrigerator.

My dad DID NOT buy a hideous beard on Saturday for a church play and he DID NOT put on this ugly beard to show us. My child was NOT scared to death of the thing. After that, I DID NOT continue to put the beard on just to tease Camden and see his scared reaction. I wish I would have gotten that on video. Maybe next weekend!

Do you remember the new floors I mentioned above - well my husband DID NOT decide to try and fix our toilet himself and in turn he DID NOT flood part of our new floors not even 24 hours after they had been laid. Our 2 year old DID NOT start jumping in the puddles of water and dipping his fingers in to lick it off. Camden DID NOT think it was the best thing on earth. Meantime Derrick and I were NOT running around like crazy trying to shut off the water and clean it up before it ruined our floors. Thankfully we think it has all dried up and has not done much damage. :(

Last but not least - my 2 year old DID NOT break our car CD player last week. Being the good mother I am, I DID NOT let him play in the drivers seat while I cleaned out the back of our car. Camden DID NOT find a dime in the cup holder and try to insert it in the CD player. I DID NOT catch him before it fell down and then tried to fish it out with keys. I was not successful (really I wasn't) so maybe I am partly to blame. Our CD player will take CDs in and out of it but no luck in playing them.

That is just a glimpse into our crazy life. I hope everyone has a wonderful week and a blessed Easter!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh Danielle....you made me grin this morning. I hope that spread out over a few days meant that your life wasn't as chaotic as it sounded written in a blog.

Have fun being a wife and mother....it goes fast. My baby wants a real car.