Our adoption profile was mailed out to our agency today. Our profile has been a work in progress for the past few weeks. Some people think that it sounds like fun but it isn't necessarily "fun" to try to explain yourself and the rest of your family to a potential birthmom. Luckily I had a peace about it that helped me not to stress about whether I used the right wording to describe our house, our community, or our children. I am not a word person which I am sure most of you can tell from my writing. It is not a strength of mine so trying to describe my husband in a few sentences was not the easiest but now it is DONE!! HALLELUJAH!! And now the wait begins for a call. A call that will change our family forever.
I was nearby a pregnant woman the other day at work and overheard her saying that she should probably act as if each day could be her last before her baby comes. I had to smile because even though I am preparing ourselves by doing fundraisers to help defray some of the costs, picking up a few things here and there, and praying for our little baby to come home, I am not sure if I am really prepared yet. It is hard to prepare for something when you don't have a due date on the calendar. It could happen tomorrow or 8 months from now and I have no way of knowing.
The things that I do know are this:
- We will quickly get prepared when that call comes. We will run out and purchase anything that we don't have that we need for a baby to come home. We will rush around in the 2-4 days that we have until we can bring this baby home and when the baby comes home we will have everything that is needed and I am sure some extras as well.
- That the Lord always provides. This entire journey started earlier than we had planned because the Lord provided the $1,000 that I had prayed for times 5. How do you turn down timing when the Lord answers a prayer five fold? There have been times where my mind has started racing with how will we raise/save the expected $25,000 that is needed for adoption but every time when things seem impossible the Lord provides more. It may be through a card showing up in our mail with an unexpected donation, a successful yard sale fundraiser, or just another order of a growth chart. Each of these encourage us that it is possible and the Lord will provide!
- We are surrounded by so many awesome friends and family that are lovingly supporting us through prayer, encouragement, and donations. To be honest, I am growing tired of fundraising. It is so hard to ask people to join us in this but Derrick and I know that it is necessary for our adoption to happen. I apologize to all of you that are tired of seeing my posts on Facebook or my emails. I promise that it will end soon but I can't make the promise that it won't start again and again to help other families adopt. Our eyes have now been opened to how hard this process can be in many ways and one of those is financially. I know that it will be our desire to help other families adopt in the future. Thank you to those who have joined with us, have encouraged us, and are praying for us. We appreciate each of you so much.
- This baby will have an awesome story of faithfulness and provision.
There isn't much else to add but THANK YOU! We would appreciate your prayers as we start the waiting process and can't wait to share the big update when our baby comes home!! THANK YOU AGAIN!!

No comments:
Post a Comment