Sunday, February 10, 2013

THANK YOU!

Today as I stood in our Church and worshipped the Lord while holding Evyn in my arms, my heart overflowed with thankfulness and awe at all the Lord has done. Rewind to a little over a year ago - we had just set up our adoption savings account to start setting aside money to go directly towards the adoption. A little over a year ago $25,000 seemed like an unattainable amount of money to raise/save for the adoption especially considering the facts that we had just moved resulting in paying out money for closing costs, Derrick's work was slow which resulted in little room for saving each month, and we had experienced tons of vehicle issues which amounted to lots of bills to be paid. In my head I would hear over and over again - how will we ever reach $25,000? How will we ever be able to bring home this little girl that our hearts are set on? I do not view myself as creative therefore how would we raise money? But at the same time I heard in my heart - "Trust in me. Place it in my hands."
 
The following months were ones of constantly laying our adoption process, timing, and the funds at His feet. My mind would start worrying. I would lay awake at night wondering how this would all work out. In the end I would have to choose to turn to His word of truth. And then I would have to make the choice to believe His truth over what my mind thought was realistic. And the Lord provided! He provided funds from friends who joined us in the adoption process. He provided creative ways to raise money and made our fundraisers successful. He provided jobs for Derrick to do when he was slow to help put a little aside each month. He surrounded us with love, prayers, and friends that would check on us to see how the process was going. And in the end He provided our little girl who is perfect in every way.
 
God provided it all! And I know from His word and from seeing it happen in my life that God does it all but He uses His people to do it. He used your words of encouragement, your ideas, and your funds to help provide what we needed at the perfect time. Thank you! Thank you for listening to that still small voice. Thank you for choosing to support us, love us, pray for us, and provide for us. We can't say it enough - THANK YOU! This morning as Evyn was sleeping in my arms I was overwhelmed with how much God can provide when we just trust him and follow him. If you are hearing him ask you to step out in a certain way, do it. I can't promise that your mind won't tell you that you are crazy or that it is unrealistic. I can't promise that it won't be hard at times. But I can promise that He provides what we need and it is a crazy wild journey that you won't forget.
 
"Sometimes you have to answer - when no one hears a thing. That who answer's God's call loses nothing, but a life deaf to God's call losses everything." A. Voskamp
 
Evyn Moriah is our little miracle baby. God has provided for her not only in funds to bring her home but in so many ways. She has an amazing story that I hope she shares with the entire world one day but more than anything I hope that she chooses to follow Him and listen to His voice.

Philippians 4:6-7 - Do not be anxious about anything but in EVERY situation by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

No comments: