Sunday, October 12, 2008

Living Each Day to the Fullest

Living each day to the fullest... This has been on my mind lately after going through the past few months. This past winter and spring we were continually fighting through prayer for the life of Norrah Zion, who is now 3 months old. Our friends, the Uhrichs, had quite a struggle through their pregnancy and we joined them in praying for the life of their daughter. Norrah is now 3 months old however the fight did not end at her birth but has been a continual process for their family over the past 3 months. She is doing wonderful and we are thankful for her little life. (Please see the link to their blog on the right if you are interested in their story.) In the middle of summer, one of our friends unexpectantly lost their son at 16 months. This was quite a shock for our family and close friends. It is so hard to imagine losing your child so early. Then our friends, the Uhrichs, showed us the blog of one family that they had found during their fight for Norrah. Stacy and Spencer were given news at 12 weeks of her pregnancy that their son may not have much time on this Earth once he was born. I have been following this blog through the past few months. During this time, I have stood amazed at their strength, their faith, and their willingness to open their hearts during this hard time. On Tuesday, Isaac was born and spent 16 minutes with his parents before going to Heaven to be with our beautiful Savior. Please remember their family over the coming weeks and months as they mourn the loss of their son and celebrate the impact that he had on this Earth even though his time was short. (Please see the link to their blog on the right if you would like to read more about their story.) On Thursday, my Grandmother received word that she has cancer and needs to have surgery. All of this has made me realize that life is sometimes hard however we should be grateful for so many things that the Father has blessed us with. Also, life is too short to not focus on the things that are important.

We never know how much time we will hold on this Earth however we do know the promises from our Father. Isaiah 41:10 "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may take peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." If your family is going through a hard time right now, my prayer for you is that you will remember the Father's love for us and that even though we may not understand the things that happen on this Earth, that there is a hope in Heaven if you believe in Jesus Christ. God has promised to always be with us and He NEVER breaks his promises! Please feel free to leave a comment if you would like our family to join yours in prayer, no matter what you may be going through. Our family believes in the impact of prayer and we would be happy to join yours in whatever you are fighting for. My prayer for all of you is to squeeze your loved ones longer and to make sure you are focusing your priorities on the things that matter. This world so often tries to have us focus on money, power, fame however all of those things will crumble. Let's cling to our faith and family for we do not know the time we have on this Earth!


2 comments:

My Organized Life said...

Wonderfully put my dear! You hit the hammer on the nail 100% and I totally agree with you. I am sorry to hear about your grandmother...which one? I will be praying for her. I love the new photos! Can't wait to see you this weekend!

Kevin Dennstaedt said...

Reading your post this morning really lifted my spirits. My dad was diagnosed with cancer this summer and is in a difficult treatment right now. Your thoughts really made me see a bigger picture instead of feeling so heavy for everyones hurt right now. Thanks for your uplifting trust in our father, who is in control, and who can heal!
Thanks!