I have been wanting to do a "Not Me! Monday" post for months but I never seem to find the time to collect my thoughts and put them down. I decided to give it a try this week so without further ado here it goes.....
Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.
For starters, I have not been fighting with my child for the past week to week and a half to sleep through the night. He was an awesome sleeper before and there is no way that my child would start throwing a fit when his brother is to arrive any day. Not my child! He did not end up in our bed 2 of the nights until he fell back to sleep so that we could get sleep. I would never let him sleep in our bed because I know that will only start habits. The next time, he didn't wake up screaming and pointing to our room. Not my child - he knows he has to sleep in his room. We did not then start the habit of sleeping beside him in the full bed in his room just so he would go back to sleep and we could get sleep. We wouldn't do that either because that would become a habit. By Saturday morning at 2 am, I did not reach my max and decide that he would have to scream it out. I would never make my child cry it out. I am a good neighbor that respects my neighbor's need for sleep so I would never let my child SCREAM it out for an hour. I did not then wake up a few hours later to check on him just to make sure that he was still alive. Not me, I know that kids can be quiet and that does not mean anything is wrong. I am happy to report that my child DID sleep through the night Saturday night however I truthfully am nervous about tonight (Monday) since he did not sleep at our house Sunday night. I AM keeping my fingers crossed that he will remember Friday night and fall back to sleep quickly, if he wakes up tonight.
For starters, I have not been fighting with my child for the past week to week and a half to sleep through the night. He was an awesome sleeper before and there is no way that my child would start throwing a fit when his brother is to arrive any day. Not my child! He did not end up in our bed 2 of the nights until he fell back to sleep so that we could get sleep. I would never let him sleep in our bed because I know that will only start habits. The next time, he didn't wake up screaming and pointing to our room. Not my child - he knows he has to sleep in his room. We did not then start the habit of sleeping beside him in the full bed in his room just so he would go back to sleep and we could get sleep. We wouldn't do that either because that would become a habit. By Saturday morning at 2 am, I did not reach my max and decide that he would have to scream it out. I would never make my child cry it out. I am a good neighbor that respects my neighbor's need for sleep so I would never let my child SCREAM it out for an hour. I did not then wake up a few hours later to check on him just to make sure that he was still alive. Not me, I know that kids can be quiet and that does not mean anything is wrong. I am happy to report that my child DID sleep through the night Saturday night however I truthfully am nervous about tonight (Monday) since he did not sleep at our house Sunday night. I AM keeping my fingers crossed that he will remember Friday night and fall back to sleep quickly, if he wakes up tonight.
I have not taken naps the past three days while Camden is sleeping. I know I am a pregnant woman but there is so much to do so there is no way that I would selfishly choose to take a nap when the house needs cleaned, laundry needs done, files need organized, and the nursery needs set up. I did not then think to myself last night, what will I do without a nap on Monday since I have to work. Not me! I would be grateful for the naps that I was able to take and know that I can make it a day without one.
I did not secretly hope that my husband's dream would come true and our little guy would be born on Friday, October 2nd. I would not expect that since my due date was 8 days away. Not me! I did not secretly hope for his arrival on Friday or Saturday and then change my mind Saturday night. I did not tell the babe that he could wait until Thursday to come since I would prefer him to arrive closer to the weekend because that would work out best with my "perfect plan" for my husband's time off. I should know that this child will choose the time he wants to come and I have no control over it. I was also not jealous to hear that my good friend's nephew arrived yesterday at least a few weeks early and with only 45 minutes of being in the hospital. I was of course happy that she does not have to be pregnant anymore, had an easy labor, and can enjoy her little babe instead of jealous that I am still a huge lump waiting for my little babe's appearance.
I did not let my child wear his pajama shirt with jeans all day on Friday even out in public because I didn't feel like dirtying 2-3 shirts that day. I would not take him into public or even out of the house with his PJs on even if it is a striped thermal. My child is always dressed perfectly even if it means extra laundry to be done.
That concludes my first Not Me! Monday. I am not sure if this will be a weekly occurrence or just a once a month thing but I am sure there will be plenty of more confessions as I start my time as a mother of two. Have a great week everyone!!
No comments:
Post a Comment