It has been 5 months and 15 days since my last blog post. There is so much to update everyone on including selling our house, Camden turning 3, and just our spring and summer activities. The thoughts of spending the time to catch up on my posts overwhelms me so I am just going to start at this point and maybe work myself backwards (if time allows). For now I just want to document today....
I so often find that the days that I am home with the boys are spent hoping for one more minute of them sleeping in the morning, counting down the hours until nap time, fighting about naps, and then looking back on the end of the day and wondering where the day went and have I captured the moments in my mind so that I can always remember them. Half way through today I realized that today was going differently and I just knew that I had to document it.
Today was the kind of day where....
-We were happy more times than we were sad.
-We enjoyed the beautiful outdoors and didn't even leave our house.
-We made rice krispies and I bit my tongue when the boys dumped them all over the floor.
-We climbed through forts and stayed in our pjs until after 9.
-We jumped in the pool and splashed until the thunder spoiled our fun.
-Naptime arrived without having me count down the hours.
-I accepted that my 3 year old wasn't going to take a nap and moved on. No fights, no tears, and no
scolding.
Today was a good day and I hope that days like this outnumber the long days!
No comments:
Post a Comment