Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Life in our house before our move

I had the day off yesterday and Derrick was at the "new house" getting it ready for our move. I decided that I needed to take some time to get some things crossed off our to-do list before the week got away from me. The boys were playing well and watching a few videos on the computer so I started doing one thing after another. I was working on setting up our internet and received a call back from our new provider. I was sitting by our computer and the boys were in the kitchen playing with Derrick's haircutting box. I was giving the lady our information and Camden came running over with a few pieces of hair. I was so busy giving the lady information that I assumed the hair had been in Derrick's haircutting box. In a few short seconds I realized that was not the case. I overhead Camden telling Jaxsen, "Jaxsy you will need to trust me and sit still so I can cut this." I quickly realized that Camden had a pair of scissors and the hair he had brought over was JAXSEN'S! I ran over to quickly grab the scissors and assess the situation. It wasn't as bad as it could have been. Camden had decided to take a chunk out of the tuft that Jaxsen has been growing on top of his head. The chunk is cut shorter than we would have liked BUT not as bad as it could have been. And here I thought I would get through their childhoods without them cutting their own hair.

No comments: