Monday, December 1, 2008

Conclusion of 30 Days of Thanksgiving

It is so hard to believe that November has come and gone already. Christmas is right around the corner and our house is so excited!! Without further adou here is the conclusion of the 30 days of Thanksgiving -

Day #28 - Shopping
It has been a family tradition of mine to go out on Black Friday every year. We are not the hard core shoppers that hit the stores at 4 and 5 am but we make it there eventually and still seem to be able to find deals. This year it was my sister, mom and I that went shopping. Derrick and my dad went golfing before we headed out so that they could watch Camden for us while we were gone. We got a few things off of our lists but most of all I enjoyed spending time with them.

Day #29 - Children's Motrin
Camden's Thanksgiving Day was rough. We noticed Wednesday night that he was very fussy and seemed to be running a fever. Thursday after lunch he had a melt down where he cried for almost an hour straight. Nothing we could do would calm him down. Half way through I decided to give him more Motrin, even though he wasn't ready for another dose, and soon after that he calmed down, started smiling, and wanting to play. He was fussy the rest of the day but thankfully he has gotten better each day that has passed. Other than a fever, he didn't show any signs of cold or flu. Our thoughts are that it is another tooth coming in so we will see. I am just grateful for Children's Motrin and the effects that it has on my child. It seems to help make him more comfortable when there is nothing else that I can offer him.

Day #30 - CHRISTMAS
I love Christmas and I am more excited this year than I have been in the past. I believe it is mostly to do with Camden, even though he won't even know what is going on this year. We decided to use Derrick's fake tree this year instead of getting a real one. I miss the smell of the real tree but it was nice being able to put the fake tree up on Sunday and feeling like I can enjoy it for the next month. I don't have to worry about watering it, over watering it, having it leak, cleaning up the needles, or having it get too dry. The main thing I have to worry about this year is keeping Camden away from it. He was in awe yesterday when it just had the lights on. We finished the decorating while he was taking his nap and I don't think he has noticed yet that it has other things hanging from it. He wanted to get to the tree so bad yesterday and we had to tell him no. :( Hopefully I can get some pictures of him by the tree without him pulling it down!! I hope that your family can enjoy this holiday season and the reason for it!

No comments: