Tuesday, November 25, 2008

30 Days of Thanksgiving

Day #22 - SNOW

I am not a big fan of winter but I do love to watch it snow. It is so pretty to watch the ground become covered in white and to see it falling out our windows. I love it when there is nothing that we have to rush out for and we can be cooped up in our house all day as a family!

Day #23 - Camden


I know I have already said thanks for him BUT here it comes again. Sunday, the 23rd, was his 9 month birthday. It is so hard to believe 9 months have passed already!! I am so grateful for his joyful spirit and great smile. The best part about being away from him for 5 minutes or 8 hours is that when you walk in the door you are greated with a HUGE smile! I love him so much!!


Day #24 - Cell Phones
What did we ever do without them? They are so convenient. I am grateful that I have a cell phone incase of emergency or to just catch up with a friend. I love being able to call a friend while I am driving home on an hour or two trip to catch up. I am also grateful that we don't have to add another bill to our list since we only use our cell phones. They are one of the best inventions!!


Day #25 - Books
I love reading even though my days usually do not allow much time for it. The perfect scenario for me is to be reading on the beach with my feet in the sand and water. I always enjoy getting some sun while getting lost in a good book. I also enjoy taking a bubble bath while reading. Lately, I have been hearing how The Shack is a great book so when I was at Costco last week, I decided to pick it up and give it a shot. I am about half way through it and so far I really like it. It is giving me a different perspective on the Trinity and other aspects of God. It is a fiction book however it is challenging my faith in areas that I have never thought about before. I would recommend that you read it if you ever get the chance.

Day #26 - Catching up with Old Friends
Camden and I took a trip to visit Hillary, one of my college friends and past roommate, today and her newborn little girl, Hannah. Kate, another college friend, and her son, Aidan, also came to visit. It was great getting to see one another and sharing stories of motherhood and what is going on in our lives. I love having the opportunity to catch up with old friends. I just wish it happened more often. I am so grateful for all the friends I have in my life, old and new!


Day #27 - THANKSGIVING
I am a day ahead of myself but since we are heading out of town tonight, I thought I would go ahead and give the item that I am thankful for. I love Thanksgiving. Our Thanksgiving celebrations are always held with family. Derrick and I usually have quite the busy day with my family meal at lunch and Derrick's family meal at supper. We are always stuffed by the end of the day, if not sooner, but I am so grateful that we can spend time with both of our families on this special day. I hope that each of you get to spend time with loved ones and get the opportunity to thank God for the many things He has blessed you with this past year!

No comments: