It is so hard to believe that we are almost mid-September. Where is the time going? Summer is almost gone and fall is headed in the door. For our family, fall means adding another member to our family. The time is ticking away until this baby will come to meet us. It is officially one month from yesterday (the 11th) until my due date. Wow, the past 9 months have flown bye!! We still have a few things planned before his arrival, including a beach trip next weekend to Stone Harbor, but for those of you who know us well, you expect this. My grandmother always told me when I was pregnant with Camden that he would come out and think he had to go, go, go because we were always on the go. She was right because Camden is always ready to go wherever and he doesn't stick in one place for long!
At least one full day of our Labor Day weekend was spent preparing for the newest member. We were so blessed to have my parents and Derrick's come to help us with a work day around the house to get Camden's new room ready as well as the house in order so that we don't have such a long list to accomplish when Jaxsen arrives. We got so much done - Camden's new room painted, windows washed, carpets cleaned, 0-6 month clothes washed, the house power washed, and the deck water-proofed. I believe everyone was exhausted after the full day of work that I had planned. I also felt exhausted and my feet hurt even though I felt like I only did 10% of what everyone else accomplished. Since Labor Day weekend, we have been working on getting the rooms set up and put back in order. The blinds arrived on Thursday so we got those put up and Camden spent his first night in his new room last night. He did well. I guess it helps that his bed is the exact same. He seems to love his new bedding for the full bed that is his next. Derrick thought we should just try to move him to that bed but I don't think I am ready to have him on the move yet. At least I know he is in one place and can't get out without us for now. Jaxsen's crib has been set up, his clothes put away, and Camden's room is coming together. I think we are almost ready!! :)
The remainder of our Labor Day weekend was spent relaxing. Monday morning Derrick washed and waxed the Honda and washed his truck. Camden loved helping and then playing in both the vehicles. He loves to try to drive them. Don't worry! We learned our lesson and we never let him in either car with the keys and the windows up!! Here are some pictures from our weekend. We hope to have some more pictures and maybe even some family pictures (if Camden lets us) after next weekend at Stone Harbor. I hope that all of you had a great Labor Day weekend and are enjoying the cooler (and rainy) weather! Have a great week!!
I went into Camden's room during nap time last Friday and this is what I found. I have to wonder if this means that our child is growing out of his crib. I couldn't resist taking a picture!!

Our family has been in love with peaches the past few weeks. I was so sad to hear from the Orchard last week that they will only be around another week or two. I am excited for fall and apple season but I will miss all the fresh produce we have enjoyed the past few months. Camden loves biting into peaches also. I decided to take some pictures of him and he hammed it up for the camera. Who can resist this face!! :)

After our Saturday full of cleaning, Camden came across the guitar to Derrick's guitar hero game. He was playing with it so we decided to turn the game on and have him play (or help me play a game). He LOVED it! For the next day or two, I noticed he would get the guitar out and then point to the TV. He seems to have forgotten about it recently but I am sure it will make an appearance again soon!!
The pictures below are from Camden helping Derrick wash the car. He was so excited about the water and would run around screaming when Derrick was hosing down the car. He even tried to drink some of the water from the hose. What a crazy kid!! :)






No comments:
Post a Comment