Wednesday, September 2, 2009

It's been a little while....

It's been a little while since I have blogged. I guess the main reasons are that I can't find time and we haven't been taking as many pictures lately. Today, I made sure to put this on my list to accomplish so that I didn't get too far behind. Below are a few pictures over the past 2 weeks of the main activities that we have been keeping busy with. The first few pictures are from last Wednesday when Camden and I were able to spend the day at a park near Philly with college friends (Hillary, Kate, and Lauren) and all of our kiddos. It was a pretty warm day out but the kids didn't seem to mind at all.
Norrah enjoying her new stroller
Walker taking a rest
Kate & Aidan - I love his face in this one.
Camden has gotten into coloring lately. He took a break from running around the entire play area to color. Hannah was exploring everything she could find.
Hannah with Camden's Pablo (the penguin from his favorite show - The Backyardigans)
We spent the Sunday at the Cheasapeake Bay with Ken, Lauren, the girls, Lauren's parents, and family. We all thought for sure that Camden would love the boat and water since he seems to love all things water (fountains...pools...bathtubs...). We were quick to find out that we were wrong. He didn't seem to mind the boat ride but he screamed when we went to go swimming in the bay. Lauren's Dad ended up having to take us back shortly after dropping us off because Camden was being so fussy. Maybe next year he will enjoy it more.
Derrick discovered on this trip that you do not give a child the keys to the car when they are in the car and all the doors are shut. We were loading up to come home and Derrick put Camden in the car. I was loading up the trunk with our bags and such and went to get into the front seat when Derrick shut the door and then asked if I had my keys. I was very confused considering he had unlocked the car and quickly told him "No, my keys are at home." I then found out that Derrick had given Camden the keys to play with while he was snapping him into his carseat. Derrick forgot to grab the keys from Camden and then shut the door. Camden knows how to lock the car and enjoys hearing the beep once it is locked so he kept locking it so that he could hear the beep. Camden thought it was hilarious that we were all outside and he was making the horn beep. We had to try to show him the correct button to push and finally he got it. We were all waiting by the doors so the second I heard the click, I quick opened the front door before Camden could lock them again. He was probably only in there 5-10 minutes but of course my mind went to worrying on what we would do, who we would have to call, and what would happen if Camden quickly realized that he was stuck in there. Thankfully none of that came to be and we were on our way home shortly thereafter. I keep laughing to myself when I picture Camden sitting in his carseat so proud of himself for making it beep and jumping up and down. Oh my!!
Camden is becoming the little ball player. He loves to play. I think we have been playing ball at least once a day for the past week. I wonder if he will love baseball as much as his dad! I think we are going to have to look for a bigger bat and some wiffle balls soon so that he can start practicing his swing by himself.
As far as my pregnancy, everything seems to be moving along. I have 5 1/2 weeks left which is so hard to believe. We have blocked off some time this weekend to work on Camden's new room. His new bedding arrived today. I am excited to see how his room turns out. I will try to post some pictures in the next week or two once it is finished. Overall I have been feeling good. I am getting tired but then some days I seem to find lots of energy, like today. I woke up when Derrick left for work, hung out with Camden, went to Women's group, cleaned out two food pantries and our refrigerator, and still found time to blog. I think I will have to take the rest of the night easy! :)
Have a great week everyone!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

How did I miss the bedding if it came today!? You will have to send me a link! :)