We had a wonderful Easter weekend. We spent Saturday with our dear friends. Derrick helped Ken with yard work while Lauren and I watched the kids, made PB eggs, and had an Easter egg hunt for the kiddos. Camden loves finding the eggs for an Easter egg hunt but he quickly empties the egg, tries to eat the candy, and then dumps the egg on the ground. I guess he has the point that the Easter egg hunt is all about the candy. :) We then went straight down to Greencastle. Our plan was that the boys would take their naps during the car ride but that didn't work out as well as we planned. Camden woke up about half way there and started crying and fussing for me. I was driving since Derrick wasn't feeling very well from a cold so I couldn't really respond to him. He cried for about 20 or so minutes until he threw up. We are not sure if he got sick from all the candy he was downing when we had the kids Easter egg hunt or from being upset. I quickly pulled off the next exit and once he was cleaned up and I could just talk to him face to face, he calmed down but no more nap. We spent the evening at the park in Greencastle letting Camden explore and run off his energy (see pictures from Thursday's post).
Easter day was spent going to my sister's church, eating lunch followed by an Adult Easter egg hunt at my Aunt's house, and then dinner with Derrick's family. Camden even managed to get out of taking a nap. Overall we had a great day and loved celebrating Christ's Resurrection with our family and friends. Here are the few pictures we actually took on Easter Sunday. Poor Jaxsen only had one picture and he even has carrots on his face. Whoops!! Good thing he is a boy and probably won't care about the lack of pictures of him on his 1st Easter.
Camden opening his Easter basket from us.
Please don't mind the carrots on Jaxsen's face.
Camden sneaking icing off the birthday cake at Aunt Deanna's house. He loves icing!!
No comments:
Post a Comment