Monday, April 26, 2010

Not Me Monday!!

Another week has come and gone so time once again for Not Me! Monday!!

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I did NOT run my first 5k this weekend. I was NOT excited and terribly nervous the days leading up to it. Prior to the race, I was NOT entertaining the idea of running a half marathon this fall. My husband did NOT repeatedly tell me that I should wait until I run my first 5k to see if I really thought it was a good idea. After the race when he asked me if I still was entertaining the idea of a half marathon, I did NOT quickly respond with a NO! I then did NOT think about it all afternoon and admit to him that night that I still feel the need to push myself at something. I did NOT then write to a close friend and try to also convince her to run it with me. I am NOT going crazy - well maybe I am considering I still struggle to run 3 miles without feeling like I will die. I guess we will see what happens. Also, I did NOT look up half marathons in the United States to see if there were any awesome places to possibly run my first. I did NOT think that if I ran it near a beach or a wonderful place I would push myself to actually do it - but I really did think that! I am NOT currently looking up running plans to see what tortue I need to start planning for my week. To close on this subject - I am NOT (but really I AM) proud of all my friends that ran the race with me as well as my husband who always volunteers to watch the children without complaint.

My husband and I did NOT frantically look for Camden at Church on Sunday when we were ready to leave. I had previously checked on him 5 minutes before and he was playing in the hallway with one of his older friends. I did NOT then start freaking out inside when his friends came around the corner without him and I could not find him right away. My husband did NOT find our son in the Men's restroom splashing in the toilets!! Who's kid is this anyways!! After being stripped of his outer shirt (good thing I put two on him that morning) and washed up, I did NOT tell him how gross it was to play in the toilet. He did NOT respond with a "No!" indicating that it was not gross and it was fun. Ugghh! Having boys is sometimes so disgusting!!

Speaking of Camden and the toilet - He has NOT started asking to go on the potty which has NOT made me so excited thinking we were close to potty training. However all of his attempts to sit on the potty have been a waste. I do NOT regret buying him the truck potty that makes noises when you pee in it considering we showed him the noises by just pushing the button so he now sits to quickly jump up, take out the "pee catcher" and push the button. I am NOT worried that he will pull out the "pee catcher" one day once he has learned how to actually use the potty and it will go every where. I also did NOT catch him pretending to drink from the "pee catcher." This does NOT increase my worries about my future experiences with my son and his urine! Lastly, my husband and I have NOT thrown Camden's poop from his diaper down the toilet and let him flush it. We did NOT tell him to say "goodbye poop" one time and Camden has NOT insisted on flushing his poop down every time now so that he can wave and say "bye poopy! bye poopy!" over and over again.

I am NOT (but really I am, I am, I am) looking forward to spending this coming weekend with 6 amazing girls. We are NOT planning on spending a weekend at Ocean City just the 6 of us, no kids, no husbands. I am NOT overjoyed just thinking about crawling out of bed when I want, eating at a restaurant and taking as long as I want since I won't have to worry about when my 2 year old is going to break down, and reading or doing whatever I want without any worries about when the kids will wake up or how long I can enjoy the peace and quiet.

I think that is about it. Have a great week everyone!!

No comments: