Monday, April 19, 2010

Not Me Monday!

Another Monday is here and I did my best last week trying to jot things down as they happened so I wouldn't be completely blank when Monday arrived so here it goes...

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

Derrick and I DID NOT have our life insurance exams planned for Wednesday afternoon and I DID NOT forget to check my email from our life insurance rep prior to Wednesday on her suggestions for your exam. I then DID NOT decide to take a look only 2 hours before the Portamed person came. I then DID NOT read that we should be fasting for 12 hours prior to our exam. I DID NOT yell out to my husband about this while he is making his lunch and proceed to let both of us eat before she arrives. I DID NOT figure it was too late anyways since we had obviously eaten breakfast and I DID NOT give in to my stomach and eat my own lunch as well. WHOOPS! I am NOT keeping my fingers crossed that our tests will come back positive and if they don't, I am NOT planning on requesting another exam be taken.

My children DID NOT decide to keep waking me up on Wednesday night. My youngest DID NOT scream like he has never screamed before at various times and my oldest DID NOT wake up crying around 4 in the morning. My kids are perfect sleepers. I DID NOT proceed to climb in the oldest's bed and sleep with him Wednesday night. I DID NOT plan to only sleep with him until he fell asleep and my husband DID NOT have to come over and wake me up Thursday morning to get ready for work since I was still sleeping in Camden's bed. My oldest has NOT proceeded to wake up every night since Tuesday night screaming so we have NOT proceeded to keep climbing in his bed. We would NOT do this because all kids should be able to get back to sleep on their own. I am NOT starting to think that Camden is playing us so that he does not have to sleep alone. I have NOT considered making him cry it out every day. I then DO NOT continue to keep climbing in bed with him becuase I want my own sleep and don't feel like dealing with a screaming kid at 4 in the morning.

While we are talking about sleep, Camden has NOT been doing everything possible to delay the nap and bedtime process with me. He DOES NOT (but really he doesn't) do this for his father. He quickly goes to sleep for Derrick but each time I try to put him to bed it is a 20 minute ordeal to get him in his bed and the door shut. He DOES NOT continue to run to the door screaming "MOMMY" at which time I have to go back in and get him back in his bed once more. He also DOES NOT request that I take him to bed. Hmmmm. I think he is out to get me!

I DID NOT participate for the 1st time in a kid's consignment sale. Last year I went only as a shopper and this year I went as a consigner and shopper. While at the sale shopping, I DID NOT want to curse at the people that brought strollers and multiple kids to the crowded sale. I would never want to curse at them considering I was one of the individuals that last year was pushing around an 18 month old in a stroller feeding him gummies to keep him contained. I most certainly would have patience and compassion for the people who don't know any better. I was NOT excited to stop by the sale at the end to find that I only had 10 items left. I am NOT excited to get the check in the mail in the coming weeks and I am NOT hoping that I will have made a decent profit on my items even though I did price everything below $3.

I DID NOT decide to go to Bikram Yoga on Friday night with two of my friends even after I read my friends post on her experience last Sunday. I would be crazy to think that this would be fun. I DID NOT still get excited about the adventure and also make myself sick worrying what it was going to be like. I DID NOT drive to the class with a stomach ache with just the thoughts on what the night held. I DID NOT proceed to walk in the class and join all the other crazy people that think doing yoga in a 100+ degree room is fun. I DID NOT have to sit down various times because I was so worried I would pass out. The instructor DID NOT have to tell me one time that she would rather I sit then fall. I am in shape, right? I DID NOT feel like I was being a wimp since every other person in the class could handle it and continued to go through the moves making it look so simple. I DID NOT watch the clock the entire 90 minutes counting down how much time was left. And finally, I DID NOT leave thinking to myself - when can I go back again. That wasn't too bad. Who would do that when they did so awful the 1st time?

I am NOT planning on running a 5k next Saturday even though I have only ran twice last week. I am NOT crazy nervous about how I will do and I DO NOT continue to entertain the thoughts of running a half marathon in the fall. Why would I do that considering I can barely make it 3.2 miles without wanting to die? I am sure I will have something to say about the race. I just hope that I make it at a decent time.

I think that is it. Nothing TOO exciting last week. Hope you have a wonderful Monday!!

No comments: