Sunday, November 7, 2010

Wow It's been A LONG LONG TIME....

It has been awhile since I have posted. What have we been up to? A LOT! We put our house on the market mid-September. That is one project in itself. We have had approximately 6 showings so far. It is quite a job trying to keep a house organized, tidy, and clean but having in the back of your mind that someone could call and want to see it at anytime can be nerve wracking. Luckily we have only had one call that only left us an hour to get the house ready. We are hoping it sells quickly so that we can be done with the showings. Where are we moving to, you might ask. Well, we are not sure. We felt that the market right now with low interest rates was a good time to look for something more permanent. After Camden was born, we realized that we wouldn't want to stay in this school district once he is school age. We still have a few years until that time arrives but with interest rates as low as they are, this seems like the best opportunity for us to move on to another school district and to hopefully get some more room and yard for our boys and future adopted daughter. We have been looking but we are waiting to make offers until we have an offer on our house. This can be a little stressful for me because I like to know that every step is planned out. Honestly, I am scared to death that we will have a period of not having our own place. We do have options at that time but I would prefer to not do them, if possible. That being said, I am grateful that we have options. I will keep everyone posted on this situation as it progresses....

So what else have we been up to? October was a busy month. The first weekend was spent having a party for Jaxsen at Derrick's parent's house (Mimi and Pa's house). We were so glad that family and friends were able to come celebrate Jax with us. He has been such a joy in our lives and the first birthday is always an exciting time for kids. Jaxsen had a great time and LOVED the cake that Aunt Lauren made for him. He was also glad that some of the kids wanted to help him with it.
The Sunday after Jaxsen's party was the Hershey Half Marathon. Lauren and I finished in just under 2 hours. It was a tough course but I was happy with our result. I would like to do another one next year. I think having the training program helped me to get into shape and it held me accountable. I am embarrassed to say that my running and working out has gone down hill since the race. I need to get on another program for this winter.

The following weekend was spent doing some fun family activities. Before October our weekends seemed to be busy with running here and there. The second weekend was an empty weekend for us. We spent Saturday going to a local pumpkin patch. We got to ride on a tractor out to the patch and then the boys picked pumpkins out. It was a lot of fun.
Sunday was Jaxsen's actual birthday. At Camden's 2nd birthday we spent the day as a family doing a fun activity and then enjoying pizza and cupcakes in the evening. Derrick and I had a great time so we thought we would make this one of our family traditions to try to do right on or after the child's birthday. Since Jaxsen is still a little young to do most activities, we thought we would go to Chocolate World for the afternoon. We rode the Chocolate Ride twice and then sat outside and enjoyed the free chocolate. Jaxsen loved the ride and he loved the chocolate even more. We then spent the evening at the park playing and having a picnic with pizza. Cupcakes were enjoyed once we got home.
 
 
 
The remaining weekends in October were spent scrapbooking, visiting friends, getting the house ready for showings, enjoying the warm fall days, and just being a family. We are looking forward to the holidays arriving and the activities that come with the holidays. I promise to try to post more often so that I don't get behind. We still take pictures but it has been getting harder to remember the camera when you are thinking of the things that two of your boys need to get out the door. Jaxsen is so close to walking everywhere so it will be interesting to see how much more my life is going to change in the next month or two once he becomes more mobile and can start chasing his brother. Hope all is well with your families.

No comments: