Sunday, January 2, 2011

What have we been up to...

Once again time has gotten away from me and it has been forever since I last posted. I am planning on doing another post shortly regarding Christmas but I thought I would quickly document what we have been up to over the past two months since life has been busy!! 
Camden is now potty trained!!! YAHOOO!! That was a big accomplishment in our house. We had a weekend in November that we didn't have anything planned so we decided to give it a shot. Camden would yell and scream when we mentioned him going on the potty so we were anxious on how it would go. I heard from a friend that she had started her boy by putting underwear on him. Once he peed himself a few times he realized he didn't like it and would then start to go on the potty. We first put a pair of underwear on Camden (after lots of yelling and flailing of arms) that Thursday night. In order to distract him, we put a pair of his underwear on Jaxsen's head. That made him laugh and was followed by him wanting to put a pair on his own head (note the picture below). 
The first day of potty training started off by him peeing himself twice but we were all excited when he finally went on the potty before nap. I had plans for going out with friends for dinner that night so Derrick stayed home with him. Camden did great peeing on the potty but wasn't up for pooping in the potty. That night I received a text message from Derrick saying that Camden had done great but he had pooped in his pants. Oh and he was going commando when he did that since he refused to put underwear on after his nap.  WHOOPS!! We learnt our lesson to not leave him out of our sight if he hadn't gone all day.
He quickly got the hang of it and has been doing great. He is usually completely dry after naps and even in the morning so once his pull-ups are used up we will get rid of them. I didn't realize how much easier it would be once they are potty trained. We do need to work on the manners of it. The way Camden tells us that he has to poop is by yelling, "I GOT A BIG TURD!" I think we will have to work on that one. :)
 
The rest of our November and December was spent hanging out with friends, church small group, kid's birthday parties, Thanksgiving, Christmas shopping (mostly done from online), Christmas Parties, and just hanging out as a family. Below are a few pictures of the kids that we have snapped along the way.

Another big thing that happened at the beginning of December (12/5 to be exact) was Jaxsen received his first haircut. You are probably asking what hair was cut considering the kid hardly has any but he was developing a small mullet and we couldn't take the hair hanging over his collar anymore. (See pictures below for example)
So Derrick got out his clippers and buzzed the back of his head to match more of the top of his head. The poor boy needs to grow some hair!! He didn't seem to mind. He kept busy playing with my cell phone. 
Here is a picture to actually show that hair was cut off his head. Too bad we couldn't put that on top.
The after shots...
So long for now...I promise to try and post Christmas today or later this week.....

No comments: