Saturday, November 8, 2008

30 Days of Thanksgiving

A few of my friends and friends of friends have started a daily post of things that they are thankful for. Earlier this week, I thought I would jump on the bandwagon but the days got away from me. I decided to take some time today to catch up and to participate. The basic concept is to take time each day to mention one thing that I am thankful for. We so often take time Thanksgiving day to mention such things but this is to be used as a daily reminder that we have so much to be thankful for and are so blessed. Here it goes...

Day#1 - My Lord & Savior - He first chose to love me before I even loved Him. He died on the cross and rose again to take away my sins so that I can enjoy Heaven after this life is over. I have experienced His amazing love, peace, and joy. He is my Father, comforter, provider, and leader. No matter what may come my way, I know that I am never alone for my Lord & Savior leads me each step of the way!

Day #2 - My Husband
He is not only my husband and the father of my child but he is also my best friend! Derrick has stood by me, comforted me, cried with me, and loved me through all that life has brought us. There is no one else that I would choose to live my life with. He is a great husband and father and I love him with all of my heart!!

Day #3 - My Son, Camden Michael
Camden has brought so much joy to my life since his birth on February 23, 2008. There is no words to describe the love and joy that I have experienced the past 8 months by becoming a Mom. No matter what my day may bring, Camden can always bring a smile to my heart. He is a pleasant child and I can't wait to see what the future holds for him!

Day #4 - My Parents
I have always been grateful for both of my parents but over the past 3 years I have become more aware of all that they have provided and blessed me with through the years. They provided a Christian loving home in which I could feel safe to grow. I always knew that they would love and accept me no matter my faults or my actions. Their example of faith, marriage, and parents has shaped me into the individual that I am today. Thank you Mom & Dad! I love you!!
Day #5 - My Sister, Amber Our relationship as sisters was not always the closest. Being 4 years apart, brought lots of fights (both physical and verbal) to our house. Even though we didn't always see eye to eye, we were always there for each other. We have grown closer as the years have passed by. My sister has turned into a beautiful woman after God. She has the biggest heart for service and for others. She is always there to encourage me and I know that I can count on her to pray for any needs that I may have. I am so proud of her and so glad to be able to call her my sister!

Day #6 - FRIENDS
Derrick and I have had countless conversations over the past 3 years of how blessed with are with great friends! God has given us awesome Christian friends to grow with in our marriage, as parents, and in our faith. Our friends are always willing to help with any needs we have (including the surprise of moving us into our house while we were on vacation). We know we can count on them to pray, cry, or laugh with us. Some of our friends go back to Elementary School while others we have grown to know over the past year. They have been there for us through the ups and downs of life. We are thankful that we do not have to walk this life alone! Thank you to our friends!!

Day #7 - Provision
The past 4 years have presented numerous opportunities for me to trust in the Lord to provide. It started with Derrick losing the job that we were sure he would have a few days before our wedding. The Lord provided then and has continued to show us His awesome provision no matter what our circumstances. I have been confronted with many worries the past few months with the way that the economy has been. Through this, I have been reminded of the verses in which God promises to provide for us and I take hope in that for He is the one to trust!

Philippians 4:11-13 "For I have learned to be content, whatever the circumstances may be. I know now how to live when things are difficult and I know how to live when things are prosperous. In general and in particular I have learned the secret of eating well or going hungry of facing either plenty or poverty. I am ready for anything through the strength of the One who lives within me."

Day #8 - SLEEPING IN
One of my favorite things is to wake up after a long night of sleep and not to feel rushed to go to work or to rush off to do any other activity. I had one of those mornings today. Derrick had a men's breakfast at 7 so I thought for sure that Camden would wake up early and I would not get to enjoy sleeping in my bed for much longer after Derrick walked out the door. Around 8 I heard Camden stirring so I brought him to our bed. I was doubtful that he would go back to sleep however after 20-30 minutes of rolling around and getting comfortable, we were both back to sleep. The two of us didn't wake up until Derrick was back home around 9:30. It was a great morning for both of us! Here's hoping that I get another one tomorrow!! :)

No comments: