Day #12 - Working Part-Time
I wasn't sure what I would do with work before Camden was born. While I was out on maternity leave, my mom and mother-in-law told me that they would watch Camden for me if I decided to go back part-time. I couldn't ask for more. Due to Derrick's work uncertainty because of weather and the economy, it felt right for me to go back to work part-time. It would give me a break for a few days a week, it would help us out financially, and it would give Camden time each week with his Grandmothers. I am grateful for the balance that I have found with work and being a mom. Of course there are bad days and weeks but for the most part we are happy. I believe I value the days at home with Camden more than ever. We have so much fun together and I wouldn't trade them for anything. I know that some women have to go back to work full-time but I am grateful that we can make it with me working part-time and that my work has provided me the opportunity to have both! Today I am grateful for being a part-time accountant but most importantly I am grateful for the days that I get to spend home with my son!!
No comments:
Post a Comment