Sunday, November 16, 2008

30 Days of Thanksgiving

So I have a little catching up to do regarding my 30 days of Thanksgiving....

Day #13 - Our Home Church
If you are really close to us, I am sure you have heard us rave about our home church. It started from a bible study 2 years ago and has grown and evolved into a home church. We have our sessions Thursday nights at 7pm. It has been awesome to watch God move in our group. Derrick and I have been ministered to in so many ways from this group. A lot of you probably know the story of our miscarriage and Camden. I will have to try to take time to post it soon for those of you that haven't heard it. But anyways, this is the group that prayed with us, stood by us, and ministered to us through our pain and waiting. I count it a privilege to be a part of this group and I am so excited to see what God has in store for us down the road.

Day #14 - Rest
I was so tired on Friday and when Camden was sleeping I found myself sleeping or just relaxing. I had so many things that I should have been doing - work, cleaning, online shopping, blogging and the list could go on and on. Instead of doing any of those things, I just relaxed. I felt guilty for a little but then decided that I would just enjoy my day especially since it was dreary and windy out. I am thankful for the times that we don't have to feel rushed here or there or just overwhelmed with the items that should be done. I am thankful for REST!

Day #15 - A Clean House
I put off cleaning our house on Friday (see day #14's item). Since it was time for my 2-week cleanup and since my family were coming for the night, I had no more time to put off cleaning the house. Saturday morning was full of cleaning our house from top to bottom. OKAY - I am telling a little lie because I didn't get around to dusting upstairs!! :) Anyways - my wonderful husband helped me clean the house. I HATE cleaning but there is nothing better than having a clean house after you are done. If only I could get that feeling without lifting a finger!! :)

Day #16 - Fellowship
We had such a busy day. It was full of lunch with the family, a 1-year old birthday party for a friend, and a get together with our church family. Today I am thankful for just fellowship. I love our own family time but I am always excited for hanging out - whether it is with one person or a whole group. The times are often filled with lots of good food and conversation. Thank you God for fellowship!!

No comments: